Status on patients received in MSF clinics
Data from: 3rd of June, end of day
Number of injured people received in MSF clinics following gunshots: 1286 (=around 1/3 of total gunshot injuries of the March of Return)
Of which received gunshot in the lower extremities: 1157 = 89%
Type of injury when admitted
- 33 amputated
- 560 fractures – 43%
- 693 soft tissues
Repartition per gender:
- 1,261 were men and 25 women.
Repartition per age:
- Average age of our patients: 25 years.
- Number of patients of less than 18: 155– 12%
- Number of patients of less than 15: 34
- The youngest patient is 7 years old (soft tissue / hand).
- + 1 of 8 years old (discharged - knee) and 2 patients of 10 years old (1 discharged – head).
Discharged: 353 (226 cured) – others referred or default = 933 still followed in our clinics
Surgeries (of people injured from 30th of March)
- 289 people operated / 356 surgeries