As a midwife with MSF, your experience in both complicated and normal deliveries will be essential. You could be involved in setting up a mother-child health department in a rural clinic, providing reproductive health care from mobile clinics or treating patients in an urban hospital.
Your training skills will be crucial because you may be assigned to help traditional birth attendants develop new skills. At the same time, you will need to learn from the women you treat to understand cross-cultural issues surrounding childbirth.
- Nursing and Midwifery degree
- Valid Nursing and Midwifery registration
- Significant post-qualification experience as a midwife
- Experience in supervising, managing and training others
- Experience in supervising and management
- Willingness to be regularly on call for difficult and complicated deliveries
- Available for a minimum of nine months
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multi-cultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Strong French skills
- Knowledge of STDs/HIV/AIDS
- Family planning experience
- Community midwifery experience