Association Communication Intern
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Friday, February 21, 2020 - 13:00
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Work in our Offices
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted.
MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The association is the governing body of MSF Southern Africa – and comprises members in eight countries in the Southern Africa region. We are seeking an expert in digital communication strategies to help us reach over one thousand members in the region and keep them engaged in the work of the MSF Southern African section.
- MSF SA Association and Board strategic direction: To Exchange and engage through Innovative Digital Strategies & reliable Communication Platforms
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Association Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and keeping the website, microsite and social media sites current and ensuring they complement each other. Build relationships with users by creating and sharing content with them, as well as engaging with them on social media.
- Maintain and update insideocb.com content sourced from the MSF communication network as well as specific content, which is produced locally for a defined purpose.
- Work with the Communications Social Media team in designing, creating and managing promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Creating and sourcing content for and distribution of the monthly Association Newsletter.
- Marketing and maintaining communication for General Assembly, FADs, regional meetings and board meetings.
- Monitor and respond to social media trends observed in a proactive fashion.
- Measure and report social media activities.
- Respond and proactively engage with users of social media.
- Track and grow social media engagement rates.
- Support other communications-related activities when required.
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience in managing social media accounts and interest in developing online communication & marketing tactics.
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Proficiency in English, written and orally
- Experience balancing short-term and long-term responsibilities and working quickly when necessary, and working in high-pressure and/or breaking-news situations
- A desire to work collaboratively on projects and teach others what you know
Remuneration and resources
- Resources needed such as working space, computer, internet, stationery and other resources will be made available
- The intern will be contracted as an intern and will receive an hourly stipend.
- Length of commitment: 12 months
- Estimated total hours: 40 hours/week (five days/week)
TO APPLY: Please include your CV together with a letter of motivation.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.