Donor Loyalty & Retention Manager
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Monday, July 3, 2017
Work in our Offices
Visions of the post
The position has specific responsibilities for the development and management of retention and loyalty programs for MSF SA Donors. This includes Regular and Occasional Donors. The role will undertake detailed analysis and monitoring of our donor base to ensure quality loyalty and retention programs. He/she will ensure through testing and donor feedback that our program of engagement generates ongoing and sustainable funding.
- The Donor Loyalty and Retention Program Manager plays a key role in the planning, development, maintenance, implementation, coordination and monitoring of retention and loyalty programs and day-to-day fundraising operations.
- He/she do this in line with MSF SA organisational plans and objectives and, importantly, will lead and manage a dynamic team of employees and volunteers engaged in donor loyalty, care and retention activities.
- This role will further analyse and monitor of our donor base to ensure quality loyalty and retention programs.
- A key component of the role is the management of best practice donor relations and maintenance through donor care program, in bound phone calls and correspondence.
- The role of Donor Loyalty and Retention Program Manager has a high level of autonomy and is responsible for ensuring the ongoing income from our donors, and in particular Regular Donors who provide 65% of our ongoing funds.
- This is achieved through various programs including, but not limited to: telemarketing, donor care direct mail and relationship marketing.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Head of Fundraising (HoFr), the Donor Care coordinator, the Donor Care officer and the Data Supervisor to develop and maintain attrition modelling to assist with formulation of retention strategy
- Develop and maintain the reactivation program to reduce credit/debit card rejections and suspensions, mainly via telemarketing and online activities
- Monitor the behaviour of “unpaids/defaulters” and introduce effective strategies to increase their donation per year, via telemarketing, online and mailing activities
- Introduce strategies and activities to successfully upgrades Regular Donor contribution yearly via telemarketing, online and mailing campaigns
- Work with the Donor Care team to introduce team KPIs to improve retention statistics and conduct/organise training sessions to support their work
- Work with online team to maintain and further develop the digital supporter journey for all new supporters
Donor Care and Retention
- Support the HoFR in developing the overall strategy and plan for donor care and retention in conjunction with broader fundraising plans
- Work with HoFr to develop an annual test strategy for the continuous refinement and improvement of donor retention interventions and donor cultivation
- Manage the design, production and distribution of donor care materials including the tax certificate campaign and work with the Data Supervisor and the Digital Coordinator to pursue opportunities to integrate and extend these activities in the mobile and digital space
- Manage and monitor all welcome and thank you processes and materials for Regular Donors utilising the most cost effective and appropriate channels
- Work with the F2F coordinator and Digital Coordinator to implement strategies to maximise new regular donor retention after sign up
- Work with the HoFR and Digital Coordinator to retain occasional donors and encourage their migration to regular giving or higher value bands
Reporting, analysis and data management
- Assist HoFr with monitoring of budgets and expenditure, especially for the Call center and the retention materials service provider.
- Provide regular analysis and reports against program objectives and help to monitor income and expenditure
- Monitor, report and analyse attrition rates of all Regular Donors programs with particular focus on F2F channels
- Work with Data Supervisor to conduct retention and attrition analysis to identify successful strategies and opportunities for improved retention communications
- Monitor project work-in-progress, timelines and milestones to ensure key deadlines and targets are achieved
- Monitor data integrity strategy to ensure all opportunities are used to capture up to date, relevant and accurate information about donors
Cross-team projects and communications
- Maintain high level of relationship with internal teams
- Manage relationships with service providers to ensure integrity of programs and fulfilment of contracts and agreements
- Take part in organisational wide projects to represent Fundraising as and when required
- Assist with idea generation to identify opportunities for new fundraising initiatives
- Represent Donor Retention team interests in cross organisational project teams to support fundraising strategic aim
Knowledge & Skills
- Marketing, Fundraising or other relevant higher education qualifications
- Proven experience of supporter retention, loyalty programs and/or customer relationship marketing (CRM) strategies to drive increased engagement, preferably in a Fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated experience of direct marketing communications, including mail, telemarketing, and production of materials.
- Experience of targeting, segmentation and personalisation techniques and confident in undertaking data analysis.
- Knowledge of supporter insight techniques such as surveys, data analysis and focus groups.
- Appropriate computer skills and knowledge of relevant software including experience of using supporter databases.
- Experience in working in a large international non-profit organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relevant high level oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to maintain high level of supporter care standards.
- Passion for Humanitarian causes
- Contract type: 12 month contract with possibility to renew
- Salary: R32 135 per month
- Benefits: 10% additional retirement allowance, two-thirds medical aid and 13th cheque
- Location: Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter HERE by 14 June 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.