Face-to-Face Canvasser - Durban
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 13:00
Monday, September 16, 2019
Work in our Offices
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The MSF SA Fundraising Team mission is:
To inspire and engage the South African community to take action to save lives around the world through financial support towards MSF projects.
This position fits into the Priority 1 of the Fundraising strategy:
- Individual giving and to regular giving
- Continue to prioritize reasonable investments on regular giving via F2F campaigns to generate sustainable, predictable and unrestricted income.
- Reinforce the social base of MSF SA, composed of more than 20.000 committed donors who constitute an important anchorage of MSF in our civil society and offer an essential leverage capacity
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit new regular donors to MSF South Africa together with a team of other Canvassers, a Coaching Assistant and a Team Leader
- Understand and complete the necessary donation forms
- Approach as many members of the public as possible
- Clearly present information about the organization and the yearly campaign to the public
- Offer good customer service to new supporters
- Responsible to fully participate during training days and adapt his / her own pitch & responsible to be up to date thanks to the information provided by the Team Leader / and or the Training and Development Officer
- Promote a good image of the organization and the MSF fundraising program
- Responsible for his / her hours and to provide adequate reporting and seek the support of the Coaching Assistant and Team Leader.
- Responsible to assist Team Leader with specific tasks assigned to Canvassers based on the area of interests on an ongoing basis (communications, logistics etc.)
- Responsible to meet the following daily targets:
- Individual Rate of 0.4 sign-ups per hour minimum (and a yearly target of 0.5 Travel Teams included)
- R130 average donation
- Need to adhere to rules of HR policy at all times.
- Canvassers also need to report any HR misconduct of fellow team members to the Team Leader and should then follow up with the Training and Development Officer.
- If there is any HR misconduct from the Team Leader and/or Coaching Assistant it is the responsibility of the Canvasser to report it to the Training and Development Officer.
- According to his / her shift, a Canvasser can be responsible for opening or closing the stand.
- Attend all trainings (on average: once a month) and team meetings (weekly with the Team Leader and/or Coaching Assistant)
- Will attend all weekly, monthly or yearly meetings set up by Team Leader, Training and Development Officer or F2F National Coordinator.
- Will take part in MSF performance reviews system.
- Responsible for his / her transport to access to the work location (different every week)
- Responsible to ask for advice or help from Coaching Assistants, Team Leader or Training and Development Officer
- Will be asked to participate to at least one Travel Team a year (average duration of one month).
- Proactively help in MSF office and other events
- Responsible for the team’s and/or individual iPad tracking and safekeeping thereof.
- Responsible to inform F2F National Coordinator if there are any issues on the App or the iPad.
- Take responsibility for the use of Face to Face materials
Please submit your CV together with a letter of motivation online by 31 August 2019. PLEASE NOTE: Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.