Face-to-Face Canvassing Team Leader
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 13:00
Monday, September 16, 2019
Work in our Offices
Own transport required:
#F2F Team Leader
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The MSF SA Fundraising Team mission is:
To inspire and engage the South African community to take action to save lives around the world through financial support towards MSF projects.
This position fits into the Priority 1 of the Fundraising strategy:
- Individual giving and to regular giving
- Continue to prioritize reasonable investments on regular giving via F2F campaigns to generate sustainable, predictable and unrestricted income.
- Reinforce the social base of MSF SA, composed of more than 20.000 committed donors who constitute an important anchorage of MSF in our civil society and offer an essential leverage capacity
Key tasks and responsibilities
General tasks as a canvasser
- Recruit new regular donors to MSF South Africa together with a team of other canvassers and a coaching assistant
- Understand and complete online donor acquisition forms and other HR-related forms
- Approach as many members of the public as possible to convert them to be regular donors to MSF
- Clearly present information about the organization and the yearly campaign to the public
- Offer good customer service to new supporters
- Responsible to fully participate during training days and adapt his/her own pitch
- Promote a good image of the organization and the MSF fundraising program
- Responsible to meet the following daily targets:
- Individual Rate of 0.4 sign-ups minimum per day except during the office day.
- R100 average donation
Management and communication
- Responsible to manage a team of 10 canvassers and two coaching assistants - make sure the team adheres to rules of HR policy at all times
- Responsible for the communication within the team and between the teams and MSF office
- Present weekly and monthly objectives
- Schedule weekly meetings with each team member to discuss results (including Coaching assistants)
- Organise a formal review of monthly objectives and planning every month
- Ensure high-quality canvassing according to the criteria set by MSF South Africa
- Ensure that team members are well informed and updated on MSF’s principles and activities
- Assist Training and Development Officer to facilitate and organise interactive and adequate training days and team building activities
- Assist F2F Coordinator in strategic planning and implementation of F2F activities
Ensure that the team meet the following monthly targets:
- 0.4 sign-ups per day
- R130 average donation
- Ensure that daily worksheets, monthly timesheets and leave forms are completed correctly by the canvassers and submitted to the F2F Coordinator on time via the appropriate channels (Bamboo HR etc.)
- Document and report daily results to the coordinator, keeping track of statistics and monitoring achievements of each team member and the team as a whole
- Submit the statistics to the F2F Coordinator weekly by Tuesday 12:00 pm
- Submit monthly team leader report to F2F Coordinator
- Tracking and reporting on team budget spend monthly
- Provide regular feedback to the F2F Coordinator
- Participate and conduct the interviews and with the assistance of the Training & Development Officer and select the canvassers
- Assist with solving staff issues and disciplinary procedures in the team
- Is able to forecast HR needs (recruitment, etc.)
- Conduct the performance reviews of canvassers and coaching assistants on a timely basis and share with F2F Coordinator
- Alert the F2F Coordinator and Training and Development Officer and resolve any HR issues or non-compliance with the HR policy within the team
- Follow the HR policy and disciplinary steps.
Organisation: Venues and Materials
- Responsible for the weekly and daily organisation of two teams – including work schedule for everybody - and coordinate accordingly with the team: when, where, with, and what is the team canvassing - communicate to everybody together via a WhatsApp or Google group for instance.
- Get permission or negotiate permits for venues for the JHB and Mini Travel teams on a quarterly basis – need to secure venues for each month and accommodation for mini travel teams when necessary.
- Maintain good working relationships with the mall managers for promotional space at the venues.
- Evaluate and locate new and current F2F venues in the region and orchestrate mini travel teams when necessary.
- Evaluate new venues to diversify F2F exhibition and plan event
- Monitor supply of appropriate F2F materials and report the inventory to the F2F Coordinator.
- Responsible for marketing material used for the F2F activities and the logistics thereof.
- Responsible for the team’s and/or individual iPad and other electronic equipment tracking and safekeeping thereof.
- Responsible to inform F2F Coordinator if there are any issues on the App or the iPad.
- Assist the F2F Coordinator in creating information booklets and other marketing materials during the whole campaign cycle and sourcing adequate information about MSF to disperse to canvassers.
- Request and disseminate marketing material within the exhibition area (i.e. Malls, festivals etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring that the F2F stand, banners and other material are always in a good condition; and to alert the F2F Coordinator if they are not.
- Responsible for the weekly team schedule and ensure that absolutely NO more than two canvassers are off on Saturdays.
- It is the responsibility of the TL to manage and track the budgetary spending within in the year and keep F2F Coordinator updated monthly.
- It is the responsibility of the Team Leader to manage the Team incentive money received every month and then to reconcile it with the F2F Coordinator.
- Will take part in MSF performance reviews system.
Job location: Candidates residing in Johannesburg should have a good knowledge of the area and surroundings.
Please be advised, the job consists of canvassing and finding donors in various Malls in and around Johannesburg. This is not an office job.
Please submit your CV together with a letter of motivation online by 31 August 2019. PLEASE NOTE: Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.