Face-to-Face HR And Training Officer
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Friday, October 4, 2019 - 13:30
Monday, November 4, 2019
Work in our Offices
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted.
MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The Face to Face (F2F) Training and Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for ensuring that various HR tasks to increase the efficiency of the day-to-day running of the F2F teams are implemented and adhered to.
As the F2F teams are mostly working off-site, the role will require a high level of autonomy; confidentiality and organizational skills to ensure that all HR imperatives are delivered in all locations the teams are based.
The role will ensure that HR policies and procedures are communicated and implemented on a consistent, fair and transparent basis and providing support to National Face to Face (F2F) Coordinator and all F2F staff relating to HR issues. The F2F Training and HR Officer also coordinates all training activities for the teams.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Orientation
• Forecast and coordinate the recruitment process at MSF SA, including the posting of job advertisements, communicating with potential candidates, preparing interview schedules, notifying the interview panel of timelines, checking references, informing unsuccessful candidates and serving on the panel
• Conducting HR Orientation with all new F2F and ensuring that all F2F are aware of HR policies and procedures
• Liaising with the HR Officer in on-boarding the new recruits onto the payroll and the HR Database
• Coordinate all training activities, providing training and development information to F2F teams, keeping accurate records of all training conducted
• Ensure that team members are well informed and updated on MSF principles and activities
• Develop and update a Training document aligned with F2F’s core mandate of prioritising individual and regular training
• Administer online training portals for F2F and assign training according to need and availability of training video/content
• Ensure alignment of F2F staff development activities with strategic HR Department staff development initiatives
• Benchmark performance and improve acquisition, retention and delinquency tactics for F2F
• Suggest analytical requirements to monitor and improve F2F program performance
• Monitoring monthly performance and ensure ongoing meetings with Team Leaders take place
• Monitoring all F2F performance evaluations and adapting when necessary
• Implement and update the performance incentive document
• Ensuring performance issues are addressed with teams and HR based corrective measures are provided.
• Ensuring high quality of F2F fundraising by mystery shopping and monitoring F2F teams offsite (15% of monthly hours to be spent offsite).
• Providing support to F2F staff regarding HR policies and procedures, including grievances, disciplinary matters and other HR-related issues, within the legal framework of South Africa
Outsourced F2F service provider
• When necessary assist in managing all the aspects of an outsourced F2F donor acquisition program; including its implementation, on-site training, quality control, on-going supplier performance and communications
• When necessary maintain and develop a relationship with outsourced service providers, and ensure that the service providers deliver according to KPIs stipulated in their contracts and ensure quality
F2F HR Administration
• Ensuring that all administrative forms/files and employee details are accurate and complete and updating these when necessary
• Facilitating timesheet collection and ensure accuracy for payroll purposes
• Maintaining accurate records and files related to F2F canvassers in liaison with HR Officer
• Coordinating the administration of F2F HR-related issues, and execute disciplinary processes when needed.
• Ensuring all F2F HR policies and documents are reviewed and updated annually or when needed.
• Minimum of three to five years of professional experience working in HR
• Experience and interest in working with youth
• Experience in sales training and development
• Previous experience in an NGO will be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the South African academic and training landscape
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Strong technology skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and listening skills
• Excellent Excel skills
• Knowledge of South African Labour Law
• Willingness and ability to travel within South Africa for a week every month (own transport required)
• Tertiary qualification in education, business, human resources, or a related field
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter online by 4 October 2019.