|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Monday, July 6, 2020 - 16:45
Monday, August 3, 2020
Work in our Offices
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The Finance intern will directly assist the busy finance team with a wide range of projects relating to reporting, auditing, and accounts reconciliations. Under the guidance of the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant, the Finance Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to provide finance and administrative support that ensures high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. She or He will also have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with the Finance team to learn, exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Provide administrative and finance support and assistance with the following:-
- Checking invoices and preparation of the payments requisitions
- Capturing daily petty cash transactions on the Petty cash schedule – Finance assistant to review then updated by finance officer-
- Weekly, monthly and annual filing of financial data
- Creation of new finance files
- Ensuring all debit notes are copied, filed and signed
- Assistance in the review supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Support in assets management in the MSF Southern Africa office and for the periodic inventory exercises
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Perform any other related tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good computer skills, especially in MS Excel, spreadsheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging workload
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Be a student majoring in accounting/finance
Closing Date: 06 July 2020
Note: should you not received a response within 2 weeks, please note that your application was unsuccessful.