Logistics Fin HR Manager: Tshwane/Pretoria
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Monday, May 20, 2019 - 17:45
Monday, June 3, 2019
Work in our Offices
Job title: Logistics Fin HR Manager
Work Location: Tshwane, South Africa
Duration: 6 months (short term contract)
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Project Coordinator and Technical referent to LogCo, SupplyCo, FinCo and HRCo
MSF is an international non-governmental organization providing medical services and support in many countries throughout the world. Doctors without Borders has initiated three projects in the country, and in 2018 MSF opened a 4th project in Tshwane – Pretoria, specifically targets migrants (documented or undocumented) to provide access to Primary health care with great emphasis on mental health services. Additionally, the project offers non-medical services such as legal and social service referral.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Log/Supply/Fin/HR manager will be reporting to the project coordinator of the Tshwane project by managing four key support areas of the project. His/her main responsibility will be to plan, coordinate, and monitor all technical logistics, supply chain, HR and finance related activities in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and policies, in order to optimize the mission’s response to the needs of the target population and ensure an optimal running of the project.
In supporting the project coordinator and the four technical referents of Logistics, Supply, Finance and HR, the incumbent will perform the following activities.
- Supervise a support structure and the timely execution of all curative and preventive maintenance and repairs for the effective management of all MSF equipment and facilities in order to ensure its good condition and usability. Supervising and training the teams of drivers, mechanics and any other staff involved in vehicle management in order to ensure their operating capabilities. Supervising, planning and guaranteeing the quality of construction and rehabilitation projects and the first line ICT support.
- Coordinate, in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the LogCo and the SupplyCo, the supply chain processes and systems, keeping updated information on stocks in order to ensure availability of all the medical and non-medical material and related services under optimal conditions.
- Supervise supply administration related activities, in the project in accordance with the MSF purchasing and payment procedures for the mission
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction/briefing, evaluation, etc.) of the national staff under his/her responsibility as specified by the line manager and the administrative and logistic processes (end of contract, accommodation, extension of mission, early return, etc.) of the international staff of the project in order to ensure an efficient staff sizing, facilitating its reception, movements and legal compliance
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, defining/updating the project security policy, implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy in order to ensure people’s security.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Ensuring implementation of all transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), according to MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator, defining, analyzing and following-up the project budget
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Essential, secondary education or technical skills in the following fields: vehicle mechanics, energy electricity, ICT, supply management, communication, construction,
- Essential, experience in finance managing and HR matters.
- Experience: Essential, 2 years of previous working experience in logistics, activities related jobs. Desirable, previous experience in humanitarian aid.
- Management experience for at least 2 years in MSF or other nonprofit organizations
ADDITIONAL/DESIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- English is essential mission work language of communication and ability to speak the local language (desirable)
- User level of knowledge of Micro Soft computer package
- People management and development experience is essential
- Behavioural flexibility
- Results and Quality orientated
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
JOB ADVANTAGES AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Salary package comparable to other non-profit organizations
- Payment will be in accordance to the short term contract
- Possible request for future project if required
TO APPLY: Please email a one-page motivation letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable references to email@example.com
MSF reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While MSF thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed applications will be contacted.
Closing: 20th May 2019