Doctors Without Borders/MSF has specialized projects focusing on neonates and paediatrics and mixed projects with children of all ages.
Neonatal nurses working for Doctors Without Borders work very closely with national staff who have experience in low-resource settings if not specifically in paediatric or neonatal care. You will be supporting local staff in the upgrading of their skills. All our projects are supported by medical and nursing paediatric advisors and very clear guidelines and protocols.
- Nursing degree specialising in neonatal care
- Significant post-qualification nursing experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas: infectious diseases, intensive care, nutrition, paediatrics, operating theatre or anaesthesia
- Valid Nursing Board Registration
- Five years of proven professional experience
- Experience in supervising, managing and training others
- Available for a minimum of nine months
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress