Water and sanitation
If a water source becomes contaminated it can quickly turn into a medical crisis. Water and sanitation specialists are responsible for the design and management of water and sanitation projects. Water projects can range from setting up clean water sources in refugee camps to managing the emergency provision of drinking water after a natural disaster.
Sanitation work could involve appropriately sitting and building latrines or taking care of waste management in a hospital.
- Education in civil engineering, water and sanitation, l and and water management (preferably international), or similar
- Five years of proven professional experience
- Significant work experience in water and sanitation
- Experience in managing, supervising and training others
- Available for a minimum of nine months
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress