Pharmacist (Mission Pharmacy Manager)
|Apply by||Starting Date||Job Section||Location|
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 15:15
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Work in our Offices
Job Location : Cape Town (Mowbray), South Africa
Supervisor : Medical Coordinator
Start date : 1 December 2018 (or ASAP)
1. SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Mission Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to MSF standards and values. With the Medical Coordinator instructions and consideration of national and international laws and regulations, to ensure the quality and proper organization of medical supply process, procedures and protocols, the proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, the correct use of medicines and medical materials.
2. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure that all study drugs are stored according to protocol/SOP/manufacturer’s instructions and South African Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) in restricted access area to prevent loss or use by unauthorised individuals.
* Supervise pharmacy quality assurance and quality control processes.
* Complete and maintain pharmacy records for the Sponsor and regulatory audits, in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and GPP.
* Assist with procurement of trial medication.
* Maintain IP accountability and prescription records.
* Supervise and assist with the counseling and education of patients on drug administration, side effects, and adherence
* Communicate with trial medical officers, nurses, and Sponsor when needed.
* Attend regular meetings with the end TB trial team and related meetings including at MSF, and community forums
* Essential: pharmacy degree
* Registered as a Pharmacist in South Africa with HPCSA
* Registered with a wholesaler license
* Desirable two years’ experience in pharmacy management, previous ex-perience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries and work experience as a clinical trial pharmacist will be an advantage.
4. Job Advantages and Career opportunities:
* Experience in a well-known and professionally recognized international medical humanitarian organization
* One year fixed-term contract (extendable)
* Salary package comparable to other non-profit organizations
* 100% medical aid cover
* 10% pension contribution toward the MSF fund
TO APPLY: please email a one page motivation letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees to email@example.com. Please mark your application Mission Pharmacy Manager.
Closing date: 31 October 2018.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Full Job description is available on request